Friday, February 18, 2011

I live in the frikken Andes mountains.

Take that, biotches.

I have made it to Andahuaylillas, finally. And this place is gorgeous. Mateo called it the emerald city (and I started singing Wicked. haha). The town is tucked on the side of a mountain situated in a valled about 45 minutes from Cusco. The clouds are the whitest I have ever seen. And its just gosh, so gorgeous here. I hope I never get used to this kind of beauty, that it strikes me with the wonder of God every day.

Bad news is that we have no phone line currently (hopefully get one soonish... peruvian time). And the only internet here right now is in a small cafe and the internet is very slow. I´m currently taking advantage of the Jesuit Res in Urcos for this update. So, well, the moral of the story is that I dont know when you will hear from me next. But know that I am thinking of you and praying for you all the time. No exaggeration.

I´m going to work for the parish here. The church is so cool. And it has the oldest organs in the Americas. No joke. AND today in the morning, the only organ restorer in Peru came to Andahuaylillas with an organist to check out the organs again. AND they taught me how to use them. AND i got to play them. That was literally one of the coolest things I have ever done in my life. I´m going to learn to play them for my two year here and teach a peruvian to play them after I leave. On top of that, I am also going to be working their library and game room to help the kids do their homework and improve on their fine motor skills, which is an issue for the children here. And I´ll probably be doing a ton of other stuff too. It sounds like every day will be new and crazy and learning.

I hope I never get used to this beauty.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Jessica, that sounds so good, so happy looking forward beautiful things
    May God continue to bless you.. I love you...,always...forever

    ReplyDelete