Sunday, December 18, 2011

A prayer

I just found a prayer card that was given to me by my mother when I left Los Angeles for Milwaukee. I would like to share it with you. It is remarkably accurate to how I have been blessed in Milwaukee thus far. Mamita, what did you know that I didn't? =)


May God bless you with discomfort with easy answers, half-truths, and superficial relationships so that you will live deep within your heart.

May God bless you with anger at injustice, oppression and exploitation of people so that you will work for justice, equity and peace. 

May God bless you with tears to shed for those who suffer from pain, rejection, starvation and war so that you will reach out your hand to comfort them and be with them to hold their pain. 

And may God bless you with the foolishness to think that you can make a difference in the world so that you will do the things which others tell you cannot be done. 

Amen. 

1 comment:

  1. I was just the hand used to give it to you
    It was meant for all christians
    Jesus want us to do this
    That is what He did
    Yo are blessed, indeed

    ReplyDelete