Thursday, March 22, 2012

Healing


This is a year of Healing.
Healing from my own trauma. Healing from the traumas I have shared with you. Healing from the stories I hear and the ones I tell.
One story liberates another.
Internalized racism, sexism, ableism. Trauma of the oppressor of classism, heterosexism. The complexity of ageism. All the limitations of who I can be and who I can't be.
This is the year of Healing.
Medical trauma. Sexual molestation. Abandonment. Worms of fear and abuse eating away at my insides.
Why do I look for freedom outside of me? As if it is a gift someone else can give me? As if it is something that others can take away from me?
This is the year of Healing.
There is a rhythm of dying and rising that happens in our daily lives. It is so common we tend not to notice it. That is why the Paschal mystery is so powerful, not because what Jesus did was so extraordinary (although it was), but because it was incredibly ordinary.
So ordinary that in every moment, I die and rise faster than I know. Every moment changing. Once I know who I am, I no longer am what I thought I was.
Everything you touch, you change. Everything you change, changes you.
"More grows in the garden than the garderner knows he has sown." Spanish proverb.
At some point, we must let go of the darkness, let go of the struggle, let go of the journey and arrive to the place that has always been inside of us.
Yes, its about the journey, not the destination.
But we do arrive. We cannot cling to the journey so much that we forget the destination.
Let go.
I cannot change anyone but myself. I am the one to work on. I am the only one who knows how to heal myself.
Listen. LIsten to the God in you.
Breathing is enough to be loved.
Let go.
This is a life of Healing.



2 comments:

  1. jess this is beautiful. your art is beautiful. you are beautiful.

    thank you so much for sharing your blog. really. i always find a lot of affirmation and energy in your words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Profound
    Complex
    Amazing artwork!
    Another artist!

    ReplyDelete