Wednesday, September 10, 2014

nying thak pa nay thuk ji che

the beauty of this one majestic moment cannot be overlooked
for the only honorable thing to do with that which is sacred
is to give it away, freely
do not protest enlightenment
for it serves no purpose to shrink your own brilliance
my own brilliance, I guess
I am to speak only from my own experience.

I experience a cortisol-lowering relaxation in my sympathetic nervous system
that part of my back that doesn't want to bend
as the lamas and geshes and rinpoche come
to meditate over sand paintings
I sit on a soft couch and watch
seeing if i can make my breath as soft as theirs
no, not this time.
they look up at me and smile with recognition, even give me a wave
and i am taken aback
the reincarnated looking at my eyes
what do you see?
I've not met a bishop who can command my every attention
as these can, though their rank I know not
and their faces I can only distinguish at times
molding in my dreams.

thuk ji che, rinpoche
this one mystical moment
a Sacred gift
a Sacred life
and who am I?
on this dark west, turtle island
centuries in the making
infused with the quiet breath
the deepest prayers
the force of positive energy
thrown into water
scattered so it might be shared
for it will flow, slowly, eventually
through rivers into oceans
which connect us all.

Do not be afraid. I am with you. I am here.

No comments:

Post a Comment