Wednesday, October 27, 2010

this is not an adventure.

Many people have called this whole going-to-Peru thing with JVC an "adventure." In some ways, I guess it is (and I've got my new hiking boots as evidence), but I really don't think of my upcoming time in Peru as an adventure. At all. I think of it as a journey.

What's the difference? Great question.

Perhaps its just the intention.

I'm not going out there to discover some secret of the Andes mountains. I'm going for something deeper than an adventure. A simple adventure is not a good enough reason to leave my family and friends behind. But what I am going for, I can only tell you after I'm a little further on this journey.

I am also reminded by my yoga teacher that this is deep Karma yoga. The yoga of action.


"Lord, I'm not turning back.
All that I have I now give to you.
Ask me whatever;
I never want to betray you." 


-Carlo Maria Martini, SJ

No comments:

Post a Comment