Sunday, August 21, 2011

Prayer for a Missioner (but really, for all of us)

I pray that you are broken.
        Broken beyond doubt.
I pray this, because this is how you must grow. When you are broken beyond doubt, you can see clearly that your God is already and always with you. When you are broken beyond doubt, you can walk humbly and softly with others, who are also broken. 

I pray that you are broken.
           Broken beyond doubt.
Because we all are. But not all of us know it. 

I pray that you are broken.
That way, you are also blessed and broken to be shared as and in the Body of Christ. 

Amen. 

2 comments:

  1. This resonates with me a lot - thanks for sharing it! One of my favorite quotes from my last volunteer year is "When your heart breaks open, the whole world can fall in." Our brokenness is holy.

    ReplyDelete