Saturday, January 14, 2012

It may be that when
we no longer know what to do
we have come to our real work,
and that when we no longer
know which way to go,
we have begun
our real journey.


~ Wendell Berry
Practice
If I feel that I have come to the end of all I know today, I consider that I may actually be at a true beginning.


Okay, God. Okay.

I don't know where I am going. I stand on broken ground. Hollow heart, deflated lungs. This is not the way I wanted to turn. I don't know where to place my feet, where to rest my head.

This is what I know. We are all suffering. It's just that not all of us know it. Many people go through pretending they are not suffering. They waste away in front of screens, escape reality, choose to be numb. They are suffering. So am I.


"To everyone who has ever been kind to me, come with me. I need you now." (Maya Angelou)

The good news is I have begun the real journey. The good news is I don't know what I am doing. The good news is this is difficult. The good news is that it opens up the depths of me, however painful that might be.

And the good news is that I am not alone. There are people on the way, mariposas to guide me.



I love you too. 

1 comment: