Saturday, April 21, 2012

genuine joy.

... has a way of pouring out, whether you intend it to or not.

Much has been shifting for me lately. I'm learning to observe myself. It has created a space for joy to fill. Real joy. Genuine joy.

I was driving back to the CapCorps house after yoga this week and experiencing that joy in me. I parked around the corner from the house, where I always do, and as I was getting out of the car, I accidentally hit the horn with my elbow. Mind you, I am not a clumsy person AT ALL, nor do I ever really use the horn when I'm driving. Well, it just so happened that two guys were walking down the street and turned around when they heard me (accidentally) honk. For a split second they looked intensely at me.

Hey! My bad! I didn't mean to do that, I said.

Hey! How you doing? They relaxed, and laughed.



I'm great. Have a nice day. 
You just can't keep genuine joy to yourself. It will find it's way out. 

1 comment: