Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The truth is.

The truth is I am discouraged.
The truth is I don't know how to heal this deeply.
The truth is I wonder if anything will change.
The truth is I think things are always changing.
The truth is I hate myself sometimes.
The truth is that's not true.
The truth is I don't like affirmation about myself.
The truth is the reason I don't like affirmation is because I don't think its honest.
The truth is the reason I don't think its honest is because I've been told I'm not enough.
The truth is my mantra is that breathing is enough to be loved.
The truth is I make myself shrink.
The truth is I am outraged.
The truth is I'm stuck.
The truth is my leg hurts.
The truth is my eyes are twitching.
The truth is I have access to my tears.
The truth is I know how to feel.
The truth is I know how to fall.
The truth is I know what it means to hold the hand of a person of color.
The truth is I know what it is like for people to cry with me.
The truth is I know what it is like to cry with another's pain.
The truth is I have heard stories.
The truth is people keep telling me their stories.
The truth is I can't stand white people right now.
The truth is I can only stand some white people, a few at a time.
The truth is I got hardcore judged today for not speaking fluent spanish.
The truth is I am rejected on both sides.
The truth is describing myself as latina is a cop out.
The truth is describing myself as nicaraguense is a cop out.
The truth is describing myself as spanish is a cop out.
The truth is describing myself as nica, spanish, american is a cop out.
The truth is, I don't know what isn't a cop out.
The truth is I am a joyful mess.
The truth is I miss myself.
The truth is I wonder sometimes if I miss old ways of slavery in me.
The truth is I am pissed off at the world.
The truth is.

3 comments:

  1. The truth is
    I LOVE YOU
    WITH ALL MY HEART!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The truth is I love you too. Mas que la trucha al trucho.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The truth is...
    That life is hard
    Humanity is complicated
    You are a beautiful child of God
    The truth is...
    That there are difficult people in every race
    You can not put them in the same category because of their skin color
    Not all whites are racist...
    remember all those white friends that are dear to you
    do not offend them
    When somebody makes a racist comment..
    feel sorry for them
    They do not know any better
    Just like an alcoholic that needs help with their addiction.
    REMEMBER
    You are awesome
    You do not owe anything to anybody
    You do not owe anybody an explanation
    You belong to the beautiful, complicated human race
    God has plans for you
    Wait, my love, wait

    ReplyDelete